The CHSAA was established in 1988 to promote fellowship with and amongst current and future Chelmsford High School Graduates. As a committed partner with Chelmsford High School, the Association seeks to offer programs and services to CHS Alumni and students by promoting alumni interest, engaging alumni to contribute their expertise, and fostering community involvement in student programs as well as business and charitable opportunities.
Some of these programs include:
- Establishing a Scholarship Endowment Fund and awarding over $879,000 in scholarships to nearly 2,000 graduating seniors starting in 1993. The Fund currently consists of 138 designated scholarships.
- Establishing a Hall of Fame and conducting an Induction Ceremony and Dinner each year for 29 years. Total inductees to date: 261
- Publishing “The Lion’s Pride” three times a year since 1989.
- Recognizing alumni authors in the CHS Learning Commons.
- Assisting with class reunion logistics.
- Establishing a student career mentoring program (Project SHARE).
Despite all these accomplishments, the CHSAA is at a crossroads. Much of the Association’s success is due to the countless, unpaid hours put in by George Simonian as Executive Director and by others. We have established a Capital Campaign to raise funds critical to the continuation of the Association. Our hope is that through the combined generosity of CHS Alumni, we can raise the necessary funding to ensure that CHSAA can carry forward its mission, continue to engage current and future generations of CHS Alumni, and provide long-term stability to the programs that serve CHS Alumni and the greater Chelmsford Community.
Click Here for information for donating to the CHSAA Capital Campaign