Stanley W. Norkunas, Jr.
Class of 1964
- Debate Club & Football at CHS
- College of the Holy Cross: track and football
- JD from Suffolk University
- Attorney with access to State, Federal and Supreme Courts
- Go-to mentor for younger attorneys
- Formed & led non-profit Middlesex Defense Attorneys for neediest defendants
- Volunteer youth coach, School Committee, Town Meeting Rep, church volunteer
Stan Norkunas came to CHS at the beginning of his junior year and made the most of it, academically and athletically. He debated competitively and played football, where he was an All-League End. The fall of 1963 was the season of CHS’ first untied and undefeated season. Stan played football and ran track at Holy Cross, while also volunteering at St. Vincent Hospital’s Pediatric unit. While working at various jobs, he completed the work for his JD at Suffolk. His law office was established in 1982, and he was admitted to practice in State and Federal Courts, the First Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. Stan worked hard to quicken the pace of compliance after the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act. He has represented many clients in appellate work. He has worked as a defense attorney on many criminal cases and has worked to make sure that neither homelessness nor poverty has prevented defendants from getting representation. The Middlesex Defense Attorneys, Inc., a non-profit organization, which Stan formed and led for 10 years as unpaid CEO, has made sure that proper representation has been available for all. Stan was presented the Lifetime Achievement Award by the Bar in 2017. He has been a volunteer youth coach and a Church Council member. Stan has officiated boys and men’s lacrosse since 1992.