Chelmsford High School Alumni Association
Job Title: Capital Campaign Director
Compensation: $50,000 Annual-Incentive Eligible
FLSA Status: Contract Position
About The Chelmsford High School Alumni Association
The Chelmsford High School Alumni Association is an independent organization committed to promoting fellowship with and among current and future graduates. The Association, recognizing the rich legacy and the excellence in education of the Chelmsford Public Schools, is a committed partner with Chelmsford High School. The Association seeks to offer programs and services to Chelmsford High School Alumni and to foster support for the Chelmsford High School community by promoting alumni interest, engaging alumni to contribute their expertise, encouraging alumni and community involvement in student programs and services, and providing social, business and charitable opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors, Executive Director and Capital Campaign Steering Committee to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement the fund development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Develop, monitor, market and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Monitor trends in the community or region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in timely manner
- Develop policies and procedures for the organization which reflect ethical fundraising practices
- Prepare and submit grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities
- Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information
- Coordinate in-kind donations and make decisions regarding the issuing of receipts
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for fundraising efforts
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Work closely with organization’s webmaster to maximize social media outreach for fundraising
Four year College Marketing Education preferred with three years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in a 501c3 environment a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of marketing and fundraising software; social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter; MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word and PowerPoint Word Processing software.
Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset
Knowledge of fundraising management
Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities
Knowledge of special events planning and management
Knowledge of the management of volunteer resources
All interested candidates must submit a resume including cover letter electronically through the CHS Alumni website, contact us tab http://chsalumni.org/contact-us.